Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Assessment

As a poor test taker myself, I personally try to have variosu forms of assessment in my classroom.  I really enjoy having my students participate in Socratic Seminars, discussions, projects, reading projects and taking tests.  Also, in the 'real world' students do not take tests on a regular basis, testing itself tends to be for special occasions.  So, when I generate projects I think that it helps the students prepare for the real world since they will be working in groups, analyzing what they have read, and discussing with co-workers.  Testing though, does have its place, standards need to be addressed, but  think that mixing it up so that students are assessed in various forms.  When students have to prepare for a test this also helps prepare for college and the high pressure situations.






No comments:

Post a Comment